The Albuquerque Balloon Festival 2012 is not all hot air! It’s a Fiesta!
Have you ever imagined what it might be like to float in a hot air balloon? Now is your opportunity to experience the lighter-than-air feeling. Register now to win a trip to Albuquerque, the “Hot Air Balloon Capital of the World” for the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta®.
This year, the theme of the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta® is “Blaze a Trail,” highlighting the sense of adventure at the world’s largest ballooning event. What began in 1972 with only 13 balloons launching from a mall parking lot has grown to more than 500 balloons floating above central New Mexico for nine days. This year the festival takes place October 6-14 and marks the 41st time that pilots, visitors and volunteers from around the world have gathered to enjoy the Albuquerque sky filled with spectacularly colored and playfully shaped hot air balloons. Check out our hot air ballooning Pinterest board for inspiration.
Fall is a beautiful time to visit Albuquerque due to comfortable weather with warm, sunny days and cool, crisp morning and evening hours. The city is filled with the delicious aroma of fresh green chiles roasting at stores, farm stands and growers markets. This year, Hotwire.com® ranked Albuquerque one of the “Top 10 Value Cities in the U.S.”Visitors benefit from the city’s affordability at the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta® with ticket prices as low as $8 for adults, and free admission for kids under 12; or get a five-pack of admission tickets for just $35.
The Albuquerque Balloon Festival 2012 – Balloon Fiesta Sweepstakes
Enter through September 16th to win a trip for two to the awe-inspiring Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta® October 9-12 with a $3,000-value getaway:
- Three nights stay at the Albuquerque Marriott Pyramid North
- Hot air balloon ride with Rainbow Ryders, Inc.® Hot Air Balloon Company on October 10th
- Three days admission to the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta® with VIP access to the Gondola Club Hospitality Suite
- Two tickets to Disney’s The Lion King Broadway Musical at Popejoy Hall on Thursday, October 11th
- Admission to the Anderson-Abruzzo Albuquerque International Balloon Museum
- Two official Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta® jackets
- Rental car from Payless Car Rental
- $200 Visa Card to be used for airfare, gas or shopping
Visit www.ItsATrip.org/BalloonFiesta2012 to enter the sweepstakes.
Don’t miss the chance to visit in case you don’t win – book your fall getaway now! Visit www.ItsATrip.org for discounts, travel getaway packages plus information about Albuquerque and the special events taking place during the spectacular fall season.